An all-class reunion of Ursuline Academy Alumnae was held at the Waldorf School this past Saturday, August 14th. The Ursuline Academy, a Catholic girls’ school, operated at the current Waldorf School of Pittsburgh site from 1894 until 1981. Approximately 60 alumnae attended, most of whom attended in the 1950’s through the 1970’s. The oldest attendee was a student at the school in the 1930’s! The reunion was held in the chapel and was hosted by Sr. Rita Joseph, the last principal of the Ursuline Academy. One by one, each Ursuline student spoke to the group about her fond memories at the school. There were many laughs about sneaking down the main staircase, which was off-limits to students. Facilities Manager, Brendan Froeschl, spoke on behalf of the Waldorf School and shared his appreciation for the legacy the Ursuline sisters and students left in the building. A reception in the auditorium followed the chapel program, and many alumnae shared their gratefulness that the building was a school again. Several alumnae took the opportunity to view some of the first floor classrooms and use the main staircase.
The Open House originally scheduled for Jan. 13 was postponed due to weather. The new date is Jan. 20.
- View all news and posts here