During extreme weather conditions the school might be closed or delayed. Tune into local TV, radio stations and websites: WPXI, KDKA, or WTAE for announcements. Information about changes to the school’s schedule is also available through the school’s website (www.waldorfpittsburgh.org). An automatic notification will also be sent to parents’ cell phones or emails as a text message, e-mail or recorded phone message through the CampusWire automatic notification system.
• School delays apply to the entire school, with the exception of the Little Friends program. However, in the event of severe weather, the Little Friends program may also be delayed. All closing and delay announcements will clarify if the Little Friends program is delayed.
• In the event of a two hour delay, the Nursery and Kindergarten will begin at 10:15 a.m. with the rest of the school.|
• On delay days, school begins at 10:15 a.m. Please remember that your child’s bus follows the schedule of the school district in which you reside. Please be aware that we are not prepared to receive your child at school before 10:00 a.m. (two hours from the 8:00 a.m. time we receive them on a regular school day) if the Waldorf School of Pittsburgh has called a two-hour delay.
• Please give your children a snack or late breakfast before they come to school. Grade students do not need to bring a morning snack on delay days. Our lunch and afternoon schedule will remain the same.
• Children who normally ride the bus will have bus service home in the afternoon.