Mission Statement of the Parent Association: The Parent Association (PA) is dedicated to the healthy growth, development, and well-being of the Waldorf School of Pittsburgh through building community, fostering education through the lifespan, and nurturing the spirit in the school’s social life.
The Waldorf School of Pittsburgh’s Parent Association works to realize this mission by:
- Providing assistance for the school’s fundraising efforts through volunteering, planning, and committee work
- Providing warmth and hospitality to visitors and at community events
- Helping to connect parents with various forms of involvement at the school in alignment with both parent and school interests.
- Encouraging parent involvement in festivals, parent nights, fairs, community education speaker events, conversations, and other communal events at the school to support parents’ own enrichment and deepened connection to both the Waldorf pedagogy and the community.
- Providing a forum for dialogue regarding parents’ wishes and concerns and to make recommendations to other school bodies.
- Encouraging the development of relationships within and between the parent community and the larger Pittsburgh community.
The Parent Association, while not a decision making body, works in partnership with the Board, Faculty, and Administration to further the goals of education and communication within the adult community and to assist those bodies toward the continued success and wellness of the school. The PA has two active, voting representatives who serve on the Board for three-year terms.
The Parent Association communicates principally via firstname.lastname@example.org and via the panews listserve to inform parents of upcoming events, meetings, and school needs.