Caring for children ages 18 months – 3 years in a homelike, holistic care setting Monday – Friday year round. Our Little Friends Program runs from 8 am – 6 pm daily, with approx. 6 weeks off per year. Currently, we are interviewing for an assistant in the toddler class from 2:45 – 6:15 pm Monday – Friday. Assistants will be working with and sharing the space with a lead teacher. This home like care program for young children includes plenty of outdoor play, domestic activities, the daily cooking of organic foods, as well as singing songs and telling stories.
* Starting pay for assistants is $11.50/hour
- A high-school diploma or more
- 2 years verifiable work with children OR a B.A. in the social services or educational field
- Up to Date Clearances (recent within 1 year)
Application materials must include:
- Cover letter
- Biography – one page document explaining your personal/professional background including how/why you came to be interested in working at the Waldorf School of Pittsburgh in the Little Friends Program as a caregiver
- List of 3 professional references
To apply, send applications materials to:
Waldorf School of Pittsburgh
Attn: Little Friends
201 S. Winebiddle St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is encouraged that you please read about Waldorf philosophy and education at www.whywaldorfworks.org, before applying.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Please, no phone inquiries.